ConvertKit is one of the best email marketing tools currently on the market. Here is my complete and honest ConvertKit review in 2021.
What is Convertkit?
Convertkit is one of the fastest-growing Email Marketing tool in the industry. Convertkit is a creator-focused email marketing software, ideal for publishers and bloggers. The user interface is unlike any other email marketing software, it is easy to use, you can easily understand things such as reports and statistics.
Email marketing is a vital part of your overall marketing and sales strategy. It allows you to turn website visitors into loyal email subscribers so you can stay in touch with them in the long term. Through email marketing, you can send promotional emails directly to your subscribers without having to worry about algorithm changes or unnecessary ads of social media platforms distracting from your email content.
ConvertKit is an email marketing software primarily aimed at bloggers, YouTubers, podcasters, and people who sell products through an online store. It’s perfect for Individual creators as it provides supports and education along the way. They provide training through Live Online sessions, Webinars, and Articles.
ConvertKit isn’t suitable for anyone who doesn’t have some technical knowledge, as there are options within the email editor that require inserting code snippets.
How to use ConvertKit to Improve Your Business
Convertkit offers valuable features that help to boost your Business. As soon as you Sign Up you can access the following features:
- Landing Page: ConvertKit provides a wide range of customized and responsive landing page templates and forms for all price ranges which aims to get more email subscribers.
The integrated forms and landing pages show conversion rate between visitors and subscribers, to provide you with an insight into what improvements need to be made.
- Tagging: You can tag your subscribers based on their interests and passion, basically labeling them. It helps to keep a watch on the subscribers and observe their stats.
- Email Templates: It offers limited email templates, as ConvertKit encourages its users to send plain-text emails to increase engagement. As most of its users are individuals trying to build a personal brand. ConvertKit claims that fancy email templates don’t work. This not only give your marketing efforts a personal feel, but they also help you avoid spam filters.
There is a very limited range of email and newsletter templates, and the editing options are very basic. you will only be able to create a very simple email. There are no preview, spam-check, or spell-check options
- Sequence: A sequence is a set of multiple emails, which are autoresponders. Once a person subscribes, they’re immediately tagged and added into a sequence. Autoresponders are email sequences that are automatically sent when a subscriber acts or when a particular condition is met. ConvertKit makes it easy to construct complex autoresponders.
- Automation: Marketing Automation has become a basic requirement for email marketing tools these days. Convertkit provides one of the best automation tools in the industry. By their visual automation builder, you can create dynamic automated email funnels, which helps you to send the right message to the right person at the right time.
Also, ConvertKit offers automation templates that you can use if you’re unsure which steps will work best to achieve your objective. These templates include Host a webinar, Launch a product, etc
- Support: ConvertKit provides excellent customer support options. ConvertKit has an active online community where you can access peer-by-peer support and a large archive of support documents. It offers live chat and email support for customers on all plans. It will also display demonstration videos that you can watch on every feature page.
- Migration from other email marketing software can be done very smoothly.
- WordPress integration is simple with embed codes and forms.
- Let’s you create a landing page even if you don’t have a website
- Flexible subscription management makes it easy to add and remove subscribers from workflow
- Customer support is extremely helpful and effective as they respond quickly.
- Limited email templates and all are text-based which is not reliable for business other than bloggers
- It does not make fancy email newsletters
- It does not provide a drag-and-drop email editor
- Convertkit makes a poor fit for other purposes
- Limited ability to deal with cold subscribers. By default, ConvertKit adds the subscribers who are inactive to the “cold” tag. But there is no option when it comes to customization.
ConvertKit Pricing Structure (How much does it cost?)
Convertkit has a free plan which has limited features and can manage 500 subscribers and provides unlimited free landing pages and 30 premium email templates. This is a great plan if you are just starting.
Convertkit lies in the middle ground as compared to other competitor’s prices. You get the advance features you get in other software without advance pricing. They also give 14 days free trial on premium plans with all the features. There is a famous tagline which is “The power of Infusionsoft, but easier to use than MailChimp.”
Following are Convertkit’s Plans
- $29/month — For 0–1000 subscribers and all features.
- $49/month — For 1000–3000 subscribers and all features.
- $79/month — For 3000–5000 subscribers and all features.
ConvertKit Login Instructions (How to Acess your Account)
Signing up is pretty easy in Convertkit. When you first log in to ConvertKit, it asks you “are you migrating from another email marketing software”, also whether you already have a website. It then sets up the interface and options accordingly. You can create landing pages and forms even without having own website. ConvertKit has about 90 integrations (e.g. WordPress, Shopify, WooCommerce, etc.) which are easy to be integrated.
ConvertKit Affiliate Program? Here’s What You Should Know
If you’re considering joining an affiliate program, Convertkit offers an attractive affiliate program. This affiliate program is simple to operate even if you don’t use Convertkit personally. You just need to be successful in affiliate marketing and understand the importance of Convertkit in the email marketing industry.
Convertkit gives a generous 30% commission for every person who signs up to Convertkit through your affiliate link. On average you can earn $8.70 for every account to Sign Up for a 1000 subscribers plan.
Convertkit also offers a training course with Pat Flynn to become a successful affiliate. Video and graphics tools are available to create your content.
Convertkit is a very easy-to-use yet versatile email marketing solution. Their application interface is smooth and has no technical issues at all. It is a great blend of sophisticated automation of e-mail marketing. At this price, if you are looking for good email marketing automation, ConvertKit is definitely a value for money.